Simonites: the Rochester-Bern Alumni Association
After graduation, every student has the opportunity to become a member of the Rochester-Bern Alumni Association. It consists of more than 500 members who have graduated from the Rochester-Bern Executive MBA or selected company-specific programs and live in Switzerland and abroad. Several Simonites support the program actively and sit on the alumni advisory board. Throughout the year, the association organizes various activities for alumni to get together and foster the network. The Swiss alumni network enables a lifelong relationship with both Rochester-Bern as well as the alumni of the other classes and is as valuable as the education itself.
The objectives of the Simonites are:
- Promote personal contacts between former students and the program,
- Encourage members in personal and professional exchange of experiences,
- Broaden members’ horizons through appropriate events,
- Increase awareness of the University of Rochester and the Rochester-Bern EMBA,
- Life-long learning,
- Networking with alumni from Rochester-Bern and other MBA programs (via SAMBAplus).
Since 2015, the Simonites also offer a Joint Membership with SAMBAplus, which allows members to profit from both networks.
«The Simonites – the Rochester-Bern Alumni Association – is the ideal networking platform in order to share business experiences and continue meaningful discussions among the former MBA/EMBA students. On top of a variety of events, we strive for career and business opportunities and aim to achieve strong bonds among all former classes.»
Hans K. Held, Class 2012/13, former President of the Simonites