Admission & Application
Applicants may apply directly to the program or be nominated by their current employer. Selection is based on business experience, academic achievement, potential for professional growth, and the motivation and drive to succeed in a challenging executive MBA program. We are at your disposal to support you in the application process and to answer any questions you may have.
Applications can be submitted until November 15, 2017. Early applications by June 15 are encouraged and benefit from a discount. An application received after the deadline will be given consideration if space is available. Find out more about the numerous scholarships we offer.
- middle- or senior-level manager with the potential for taking on increased responsibilities within their organization
- academic or equivalent background and at least 5 years management experience OR 10+ years of managerial and leadership experience
- convincing character with a team spirit
- ability to set priorities and balance family, job, and studies
- fluency in English
Step 1: Submit your application
Please complete the online application form and click on submit. Upload all necessary documents as indicated in the online application. Please contact us in case of questions. Apply now: application.rochester-bern.ch.
Step 2: Personal interview
If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to go through two personal interviews, one with an alumnus of the program and the final program interview with our Academic Director. The interviews are based on your CV and focus heavily on business experience, but also on career development and your personality.
Step 3: Admission decision
Decisions are made within one week after the second interview.
Step 4: Deposit & preparation for program start
Upon acceptance to the program, a CHF 7,000 deposit is required to hold a place in the class. The deposit will be applied towards the first tuition payment. Once the deposit is paid, we will supply you with the first course books, online podcasts and further information in preparation for your program start.
After successful completion of the 18-month program you are awarded two degrees:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Rochester
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) from the Universität Bern